Thirteen Winning Traits Of Super Sales People
I firmly believe that regardless of your “field position” in life and your career now, you can win from where you stand. Begin today putting into practice these thirteen winning traits of super salespeople.
1. Be and stay committed to goals. Know what you want to achieve. Be totally committed to that goal. View defeat as a temporary thing.
2. Be and stay self-disciplined. Self-discipline is developed when you stop doing what you know you should not do and start doing what you know you should – whether you like it or not. It is forming the habit of doing the right things right. It is having always a sense of urgency.
3. Be and stay knowledgeable. Continually accumulate usable information. It gives you a competitive edge. Have the facts and figures ready before plunging into an interview. Do your homework. Question people who know. Be the best-informed salesperson your prospects ever meet. You’ll earn their respect and gain their business.
4. Be and stay a relationship builder. Build the trust level in all you do. Earn the reputation of being 100 percent reliable.
5. Be and stay self-confident. Do this by feeding your mind regularly just as you feed your body. Confidence is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of fear. Do the thing you’re afraid of and you’ll develop the confident, winning feeling.
6. Be and stay enthusiastic. Generate an excitement about what you are selling. It will overcome many shortcomings.
7. Be and stay an assistant buyer. Prospects are best convinced by reasons they themselves discover. Once you establish trust, then you can assist the buyer in recognizing a need and acting upon the solution. Prospects are interested in discussing their business with you only when you indicate by your questions that you intend to show how your proposal will benefit them.
8. Be and stay perceptive. Form the habit of paying attention. Deliberately train your eyes to see and your ears to hear.
9. Be and stay a skillful communicator. You sell with words and expressions and stories. Study all three carefully. You must gain the prospect’s understanding and understanding depends on what you say and how you say it.
10. Be and stay a perfectionist. Demand excellence of yourself. It attracts and builds credibility. Don’t tolerate mediocrity. There’s no room for compromise among professionals.
11. Be and stay physically fit. This develops the capacity to work hard and long. Be a self-starter who displays a high continuing level of drive.
12. Be and stay financially sound. Personal budget-keeping is back in style. Get a good handle on your living and business expenses along with your anticipated earnings.
13. Be and stay persistent. Always bounce back. In selling, failure means very little if success comes eventually. Resolve to perform what you should; perform without fail that which you resolve. Get up when you fall down. If you get into the game – stay in!
Let’s stay in the Green in 2014!
Please click and leave a comment.
Have a great future starting today!